An empty chair at the briefing symbolized the absence of any representative of the EPA, and an empty box marked "EPA Documents" symbolized that he has failed to submit any of the documents that have been requested by the Environment and Public Works Committee relating to his decision.
To view the archive webcast click HERE.
Attached please find Senator Boxer's opening statement, as well as prepared testimony from today's witnesses.WITNESSES:
- Edmund G. Brown Jr., Attorney General of California
- Mary Nichols, Chairman of the California Air Resources Board
- Fran Pavley, Natural Resources Defense Council, Senior Climate Advisor (original author of California's Pavley Clean Car Act)
- Carl Pope, Sierra Club, Executive Director
**Update: Congresswoman Hilda Solis (D-CA) and the Mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa, will also make statements**
- 1.10.2008 Boxer Opening Statement - (23.4 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Attorney General Brown Testimony - (26.3 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Carl Pope Testimony - (28.7 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Congresswoman Solis Testimony - (21.6 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Fran Pavley Testimony - (15.6 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Jane Harman Testimony - (17.1 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Mary Nichols Testimony - (17.2 KBs)
- 1.10.2008 Waiver Study by ARB - (116.6 KBs)