Click here to watch Chairman Barrasso’s remarks.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, U.S. Senator John Barrasso (R-WY), chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works (EPW), delivered the following remarks at a committee business meeting. At the business meeting, the committee advanced the following items:
- H.R. 5772 - To designate the J. Marvin Jones Federal Building and Courthouse in Amarillo, Texas, as the "J. Marvin Jones Federal Building and Mary Lou Robinson United States Courthouse";
- S. 3021 - A bill to designate the United States Courthouse located at 300 South Fourth Street in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as the "Diana E. Murphy United States Courthouse";
- Nomination of William Charles McIntosh, of Michigan, to be assistant administrator, Office of International and Tribal Affairs, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA);
- Nomination of Peter C. Wright, of Michigan, to be assistant administrator, Office of Land and Emergency Management, EPA;
- Nomination of Mary Bridget Neumayr, of Virginia, to be a member of the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ);
- Nomination of John C. Fleming, of Louisiana, to be assistant secretary of Commerce for Economic Development (EDA); and
- 6 General Services Administration resolutions.
To watch the full business meeting, click here.
Senator Barrasso’s remarks:
“Today, we will be considering four nominees.
“President Trump has nominated: Mary Bridget Neumayr to be a member of the Council on Environmental Quality, whom he will designate as chair upon confirmation; William ‘Chad’ McIntosh to lead EPA’s Office of International and Tribal Affairs; Peter C. Wright to lead EPA’s Office of Land and Emergency Management; and John Fleming to lead the Economic Development Administration as Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development.
“These nominees are well qualified and will bring a wealth of experience and expertise to these jobs.
“Their confirmation will fill critically important roles in ensuring that all Americans benefit from clean air, clean water, clean land, and a growing economy.
“I urge all of my colleagues to support the nominations.
“We will consider two bills to name federal courthouses.
“H.R. 5772, to name a federal courthouse in Amarillo, Texas after Mary Lou Robinson, who served as a judge in Texas and on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
“S. 3021, to name a federal courthouse in Minneapolis, Minnesota after Diana E. Murphy, the first woman appointed to the bench of the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
“The committee will also consider six resolutions to approve prospectuses providing for General Services Administration (GSA) leases.
“The leases will provide office space for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service, the Social Security Administration, and other agencies.”