"We in the Gulf States - and especially in Louisiana - are aware of how important domestic energy production is to our economy," said Vitter. "This is a major project and great news for the future of energy production in our country. It's also exciting to see the first completely American-made rig of its kind contributing and bringing us closer to energy independence."
More information about Tubular Bells:
• Tubular Bells deepwater oil and gas field was discovered in 2003 and lies 135 miles southeast of New Orleans, La.
• The offshore oil rig is the first that was designed and constructed entirely in the United States
• Construction of the rig created 7,000 direct and indirect jobs in Texas and Louisiana
• Tubular Bells is expected to deliver approximately 50,000 barrels of oil per day from three producing wells
- 11-18-2014 EPW Rs letter to Boxer on Baran hearing - (281.3 KBs)