U.S. Senate Committee on
Environment and Public Works
* Field Briefing *
“Air Pollution Challenges for California’s Inland Empire”
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, will conduct a field briefing in San Bernardino, California. Senator Boxer will be gathering information on the extent and impacts of air pollution in the Inland Empire of Southern California in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. Testimony from invited witnesses will focus on the public health risks from air pollution, the state and local air pollution control measures being undertaken, and additional measures that may be needed to address the problem.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
9:00 AM PDT (12:00 PM EDT)
San Bernardino County Government Center
Board of Supervisors Chamber
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0110
Note: South Coast Air Quality Management District will be displaying low-emissions vehicles and other examples of the latest clean air technology in the lobby during the briefing.
To view the archive webcast please click HERE.
· Lynn Terry, Deputy Executive Officer for Planning, California Air Resources Board
· Gary Ovitt, Supervisor, San Bernardino County; Board Member, South Coast Air Quality Management District; President, Southern California Association of Governments
· Jonah Ramirez, “Clean Air Ambassador” for Children with Respiratory Disease
· Penny Newman, Executive Director, Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice
· Adriano Martinez, Project Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council
· Dr. Jim Gauderman, Professor, Keck Medical School, University of Southern California
· Dr. Joe Corless, Chief, Pediatric Allergy Section, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center